Thursday, September 13, 2012

Face Lift

As all my readers know, that is the very few that I have, I am not the best at blogging. I have lacked the discipline to keep it up to date and post current exciting news. I am wanting to change that. I have for sometime considered starting a new blog, but instead I decided to give my old blog a bit of a face lift, or more of a complete make over really. I have changed the name, the layout, the font, most everything.

I have been going through many changes in my own life and I figured I might as well include my blog in the mix. Becoming more disciplined in certain areas of my life is one of those changes that has been stretching me, challenging me, and  changing me for the better. Every now and then it is good for each of us to take a look at ourselves and see what areas of our lives need a face lift. I was finding that I was in dire need of a few life nips and tucks.

In the past few months I have reconsidered and evaluated my eating habits, devotional commitment, fitness regimen, balance between creating a life here in Australia and keeping connections with home, and my emotions, to name a few. I can't get into all the growing pains of each of these areas right now, but it's all good. I never want to become stagnant so change and/or improvement are always in the front of my mind. Not saying I don't love who I am, but as I said I am not one to become complacent. I am always thinking future, future, future, the what-ifs, the how-to's, the where to go from here, always on the next step; I am learning to be more present...and there you go, another area I am working on. I find it to be a positive that we are ever-changing, ever-recreating ourselves. There are no limits to us, and God does not limit who we can be. Sometimes it's the little areas that go unnoticed that need a bit of reshaping. 

In the next several months I hope to share with you my journeys in many of the areas I stated above, and most likely more that I discover along the way. I am sure that many will be able to relate to my experiences and those things that make our lives unique, our living scripts that have been written by such a loving God so extraordinary, each different and each completely 100% individual. I have learned to appreciate my life script as wonderfully uniquely my own, designed just for me; to compare it to another is a waste of time. I challenge you to do the same.  

I have been so blessed to have been molded by my family, my friends, my faith, my God, and my extremely wonderful life for the past 25 years, and though these factors still shape me today as I continue to be blessed by all that I have been given in this life, I know that my story is not over yet and changing is necessary. God is good and He is good to me. He continues to write, and re-write the drafts that I so mess up sometimes, but I know I am in His hands and by the end of my story, the script that we have produced together will be amazing.

Please leave comments, encouragements, insights, advice, anything and everything. I hope you like the new blog and enjoy reading.

-me






1 comment:

  1. So glad to be able to read about all your goings on! :-)

    ReplyDelete