Friday, March 4, 2011

Sunnies in the Rain... (Australia)

Here i am walking the streets of a land so far away from home, yet it all seems so comfortable, so natural as if this is where I belong. The sun invites me to enjoy a new day while the rain falls ever so lightly on my face, sweetly reminding me of home. I have been blessed with a little piece of something so familiar, so refreshing, and to maybe some what seems an inconvenience I acknowledge as a comforting gesture from the heavens as a welcome to my new home. The sun breaks through the clouds and gently warms the touch of my skin. My feet beat the pavement in my ridiculously thin flip-flops allowing my feet to embrace every crack in the road, every rock, every bit of this new land I am discovering. My eyes and ears take in all the new sites and sounds. Boutiques line the streets and the birds with their bolstering voices chirp over head. Sometimes I wonder what they might possibly be saying; perhaps "I'm about to poo, watch out down below!" Cheeky little fellas. I take in the smell of the fresh air and smile as I watch the tram busing people around the city. But, I walk. I am here taking it all in, enjoying this place that is foreign and unfamiliar, yet exactly where I am meant to be.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know about that "feet embracing every rock" bit. That doesn't sound very pleasant, but I am glad to hear you are having a great time! :)

    ReplyDelete