Tuesday, March 22, 2011

HOLIDAY or VACATION...whatever you prefer

This past weekend I went on a holidayvation. It was lovely. The water at the beach was beautiful, the sand soft like cocoa powder, and the sun was beaming in the beautiful clear blue sky. I was only gone for a few short days from this splendid city of Logan (Bogan); but it was nice to have some restful time away. In this blog I would like to share some of the wonderful things about holidayvations (this word created to please both the Australian and American crowd). Anywho, back to my list of why holidayvations are wonderful....

1. SLEEPING IN!!! Oh how I miss those days. For all who know me well, I am NOT a morning person, but here I have been waking up diligently at sunrise when morning gently peaks through my window and wakes me to a brand new day. (OK well not maybe with the sunrise, because round here that is like 5am which is ridiculous, but it did make for a better read sentence ;) However, the bright sun does wake me up every morning here in Oz, that is truth.

2. LAZINESS or what some might like to call rest... no work, no homework, no plans, no nothing. On a holidayvation you are free to do whatever your little heart desires. It is a beautiful thing, truly.

3. SEEING NEW SITES... there really wasn't too much to see where I was at, but as long as there is a beach nearby, good company to be had, and walking to be done..I'm pretty much a happy camper.

4. HAVING THE TIME TO DO SOMETHING OUT OF THE ORDINARY... I am not one for golfing, but hey why not on a holidayvation. I actually was not all that horrible this time round. I think I am getting better (for my 3rd try). Made it through 9, ok maybe 7 or at least 5 complete, holes. I think I wouldn't mind getting into the sport a bit more; even though, recently I have been informed what golf stands for - Gentlemen Only, Ladies Forbidden. What is up with that? Who knew, I sure didn't.

and 5. EATING OUT... trying new cuisine. This time round, I tried my taste buds at chicken feet, and cow stomach. Can't say I ate too much of either, but I can at least now say that I tried them. Each certainly did not outrank my love for homemade enchiladas done all up in McKinley fashion, which I was able to have the wonderful joy of cooking up this last weekend. Superb I must say. The only thing that would have made them better was some of Kelly's corn salsa. I shall be making that someday very soon.

All in all...holidayvations, I highly recommend :)

Until Next Time...

1 comment:

  1. Mmmmm...corn salsa. Made that last week with my fish tacos and thought of you!

    I'm glad you enjoyed your holidayvation... I'd like one of those right about now!

    ReplyDelete