Wednesday, June 8, 2011

My God

I know it has been a while since I last posted. I have found that I am absolutely horrible at this whole blogging thing. Maybe those few readers I have can empathize with me? I have been settled into life here in Australia for some time now, but recently have begun to really miss home. I miss having my family and those who love me close by. I am blessed knowing that many of you are keeping me in your prayers; I think they are what keep me going sometimes. I have to admit that I have had a few rough days recently, and am really learning to lean on the Lord and trust Him in everything. It is definitely growing me and even moreso challenging me. I know that without Him I can't do much, and days spent without Him are much more difficult to get through ( I don't recommend it). I think right now I just feel alone. Let me clarify, not lonely, just alone with God. But, as difficult as it may seem being alone right now, that is my season and I am looking forward to what will come of it and learning to embrace it for this time in my life.

I say all this not to blog some sob story or post my feelings on the web, but instead to encourage anyone reading to continue to lean on God no matter where you feel like you are at. If I know anything, it is that my God is a comforter to the comfortless and hope to the hopeless. He gives strength to the weak and an abundant joy to anyone that will seek Him. He is a good God, and He is incredibly good to me (and you of course ;) ) . He is the truth, and He is so real, and just bragging about my God brings me the greatest joy and peace. Try it...I dare you. Just start telling Him how great He is and something in your spirit will just start to bubble over and get excited and make you want to smile. No other person can put a smile on my face like He can and I guarantee He can do the same for you.

Until Next Time...

keep smiling :)

1 comment:

  1. Love your insight Becky, so true... He is good. Way to keep your chin up!

    ReplyDelete