Sunday, January 2, 2011

DELAYED....

My adventure has been put on pause. I eagerly boarded the plane that was too take me to Fiji. Welcomed by the Fijian music playing and all the stewardesses exclaiming BULA, I found my way to my seat, stored my luggage appropriately under the seat in front of me and sat. AND SAT and continued sitting for a little over 3 hours, the plane not once taking off the ground. Apparently there had been technical difficulties with the plane, specifics were not given. While not-so-patiently waiting in seat H28, buckled-up and ready-to-go, I made a new friend (whose name I finally learned about 4 hours later- Elliot) with whom I enjoyed an interesting Fijian snack mix that I would not recommend anyone ever try unless you enjoy the taste of sawdust in your mouth, about 4 cups of orange juice that were pure goodness, a slightly less than frozen turkey sandwich, topped off with hot tea and a peanut butter brownie that didn't even remotely taste like peanut butter, but hey it had peanuts in it so that must be close enough. I also enjoyed an in-flight, no let me rephrase, a grounded movie that was static on all accounts. So far, Air Pacific does not have my vote. Round 2 tomorrow...

-me

1 comment:

  1. well im glad the OJ was delicious! thats a Plus ! sorry that waited forever but now you are in FIJI!!! sooo cool! have fun!

    ReplyDelete